viernes, 24 de octubre de 2008

Poema-Instalacion: ALTAR PARA EL CUERPO

ALTAR PARA EL CUERPO / ALTAR FOR THE BODY
Mix media, limes, onion skin, fabric, wood, digital photo
4 x 5 feet, 2008
-with a poem below-
Show at theMission Cultural Center
October 23 - November 22, GALA reception: November 2nd, 6-11pm



Altar for the Body is an installation in two wooden boxes. The first, has 99 limes in the process of drying, and with time brown spots appear on their skins –representing death. The second box, holds the image of a woman submerged in a sea of onion skins. The skins overflow the container to invade the space. This represents fertility and change.

ALTAR PARA EL CUERPO es una instalacion de dos cajas de madera. La primera con 99 limones (limas verdes) que estan en proceso de secado, y que con los dias van adquieriendo manchas marrones en su cuerpo, representando la muerte. La segunda caja contiene la imagen de una mujer sumergida en un mar de piel de cebolla, y la piel desborda el recipiente hasta invadir el espacio real. Ella representa la fertilidad y el cambio



ALTAR PARA EL CUERPO

Con tu piel de cebolla he viajado
al delicado momento de la muerte
que en tantas muertes he estado
que ya he olvidado el dolor
que es el regreso.

Con tu aroma de limón me transporto
al paraíso perdido de la infancia
a la playa donde aprendí a descifrar el lenguaje de la arena
y ayudé al mar
a coser el dobladillo de su falda eterna.

Con tu nombre he viajado
al infinito paisaje de palabras perdidas
en el acantilado de las frases muertas
donde me quedo a vivir por un instante
y se me pasa la vida sin darme cuenta.

Con tus alas me transporto
a la locura al beso la madrugada
la espesura del bosque de ser carne y hueso
la blanda sensación de haber nacido
al otro lado del sueño.



English version:

With your onion skin I have traveled
to the delicate moment of death
that in the many deaths I have been
I already have forgotten the pain
that is the return.

With your aroma of lemon I am transported
to the lost paradise of childhood
to the beach where I learned to decipher the language of the sand
and I helped the sea
to sew the border of its eternal skirt.

With your name I have traveled
to the infinite landscape of lost words
in the steep cliffs of dead phrases
where I kept alive for a instant
and life passed by without noticing me.

With your wings you transport me
to the madness of the kissing the dawn
the density of the forest of being flesh and bone
the pliant sensation of having been born
at the other side of the dream.

tranlation by Nina Serrano

No hay comentarios: