jueves, 7 de octubre de 2010

Altar para mi Madre






As part of DAY OF THE DEAD CELEBRATION, this year i was invited by curators Rene & Rio Yañez to honor the memory of my mother.
Como parte de la celbracion anual del DIA DE LOS MUERTOS, los curadores Rene & Rio Yañez me invitaron este año a honrar la memoria de mi madre MARIA DE LA ASUNCION LOPEZ, fallecida el 23 de abril del 2010.

Inauguracion, el Viernes 8 de Octubre de 7 a 10 pm / Opening-Gala Friday October 8th from 7 to 10pm



My mother wrote poems and stories that inspired my life as an artist and poet. The last ten days of her life, I was next to her hospital bed, watching over her, reading poetry, listening to her family stories and trying to help my mom on her journey. At 7:17 am on Friday April 23, her heart stopped beating, I felt it clearly because my hand lay on her chest, and I could see one last long breath of life. Thank you Maria for giving me life, I will take care of her as best I can.

Mi Madre escribió poemas y cuentos que inspiraron mi vida como artista y poeta.
Los ultimos diez días de su vida, estuve junto a su cama de hospital, cuidandola, leyendole poesía, escuchando sus historias familiares y tratando de ayudarle en su viaje. A las 7:17 am del viernes 23 de Abril, su corazón dejó de latir, lo sentí claramente porque mi mano yacía en su pecho, y pude ver como exhalaba un último y largo suspiro de vida. Gracias María, por darme la vida, cuidaré de ella lo mejor que pueda.

-Adrián Arias López



Thanks to Anais Azul (my daughter and granddaughter of Maria), Tania (my compañera and Maria’s friend) my sisters Tersi & Andrea, my brother Alejandro, my all time spiritual helpers Carlos Maria and “Ata”, father and mother of my mom.
Thanks to Mike Dingle and all SOMARTS Staff members, and curators Rene & Rio Yañez, to consider Maria an important symbol for 2010 Day of the Dead celebration.

SOMARTS Cultural Center, 934 Brannan St, San Francisco, CA‎
(415) 552-1770‎
HERE SOMARTS MAP

No hay comentarios: